Sandra Louise Dyas Photography

TWITTER

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Half-a-Wind - YOKO ONO - on occasion of her 80th Birthday

Happy 80th Birthday to an Inspiring Artist - YOKO ONO.

We traveled by train north of Copenhagen to a beautiful art museum called the Louisiana Museum of Modern Art. My friend Lene Wyke and I enjoyed ourselves in their sculpture garden as well as seeing Yoko Ono's Half-a-Wind show and Tara Donavan's exhibition. As my friend Katie Roche described Yoko's work -" I love Yoko. Her retrospective at The Japan Society in in NYV (2002?) was incredible. Her work is participatory and democratic, very emotional and systematic. Her glass maze, all white chess board, phone piece and hair brush piece entered my lyrical memory and affect me still today."


No comments:

Post a Comment